Dengie Healthy Hooves Molasses Free
Healthy Hooves Molasses Free is a nutritionally-balanced, low-sugar and starch feed for promoting healthy hooves. Ideal for those prone to laminitis.
- A blend of soft cereal straw with chopped and pelleted nutrient-rich alfalfa
- Contains no added sugar (2.5%) and low in starch (1.5%)
- Healthy Hooves Molasses Free is low in calories, providing 8.5MJ/kg of Digestible Energy
- A light rapeseed oil coating provides slow-release energy and coat shine
- Includes garlic to tempt fussy horses and ponies
- Healthy Hooves Molasses Free is packed with B vitamins including biotin at levels that research has shown to improve hoof quality
- Ideal for horses in light work, good do-ers and laminitis prone horses
- When fed at the recommend rate (500g per 100kg bodyweight) Healthy Hooves Molasses Free will provide your horse with a balanced diet
Proven nutrients for healthy hooves
Several studies have been conducted into how much biotin a horse requires. A study published in the Equine Vet Journal (1992), found that greater growth rates and hardness of hooves was achieved at a daily feeding rate of 15mg of biotin than at 7.5mg in horses’ diets. The level of biotin included in Dengie Healthy Hooves Molasses Free has been formulated accordingly and thus when fed at the recommended rates will provide a 500kg horse with 15mg of biotin per day.
Research published in the Vet Record (1987) demonstrated that alfalfa increases the quality and quantity of horn growth which was attributed to the highly available calcium and essential amino acids found naturally in alfalfa.